Friday, June 19, 2009

Back at It

I dare not call my hiatus brief. What an embarrassment that a year has nearly passed since posting once more. Oh, well. Such is the outcome of living the charmed, wild life of a high school English teacher. Just a notch below rock star and slightly above mortician. (Are they even on the same spectrum?)

So here is my challenge for the summer. I'm full of promises unkept, but summer is a whole other beast--less rough, less the slouching toward... you get the picture.

My challenge to self: Read, read, read, write, read, write then blog! In addition to planning for next year, I am playing good little graduate student by doing my fall semester reading this summer. The topics: Bilingualism and language acquisition, first and second. Plenty of material to discuss here. I will also be reading other texts either connected to the Mayfair book club or my own list of books I've been salivating over as they look pretty on my bookshelf at home. Such teases!

Let's hope I stay true to my word this summer. I have plenty of poopy diapers to distract me. Still, the owner of said diapers, I must admit, holds the highest priority this summer. It's about time my baby girl--eight months old as of last Sunday--and I spend some quality time minus the teacher tussle.

Image source: book tower

No comments: